I got this recipe from my Amma.
After tasting this at mum’s , I was determined to try it out on my own. The fillets could be of any fish. I have used mackeral fillets .These fried fillets taste crisp on the outside and soft on the inside. I guarantee you can’t stop at one 😀
Mackeral fillets : 250 gms/ around 10-12 pieces
Egg : 1
Rice flour : 2 tbspoons
Cornflour : 2 tbspoons
Salt : 2 tspoons
Turmeric :1 tspoon
Chilli powder : 2 tspoons
Ginger-garlic paste : 1 tbspoon
Oil to shallow fry
- Clean and keep the fish fillets aside. Optionally marinate with turmeric, chilli powder and keep aside for 15 mins
- Mix salt, turmeric, chilli powder,ginger- garlic paste along with the rice flour and cornflour. Make a thick paste
- Coat each of the fillets neatly with the above paste
- Now break the egg into a shallow bowl. Beat well.
- Dip each fillet into the egg to get an even coating around the spice paste
- Shallow fry with oil in a pan
- Serve hot!