My little one loves buns. He is game for bun with butter or cheese any time of the day. However store bought buns can be unhealthy because of their maida content. I ordered a fresh batch of yeast and decided to try making buns for my son using wheat instead of maida.
For a first try, it turned out great!
Ingredients ( 4 mini buns):
- Whole wheat flower : 1 cup
- Milk powder : 1/4 cup
- Sugar : 1 tspoon
- Salt : 1/2 tspoon
- Instant dry yeast : 1/4 tspoon
- Oil : 1/2 tbspoon+ 1 tspoon
- Water : 3/4 cup
- Mix all the dry ingredients .
- Add the water slowly and mix the ingredients.
- Mix well and knead the dough well for 5 mins.
- The dough is sticky initially. But knead well to form a soft dough.
- Add oil and knead again.
- Apply oil in a bowl and place the dough in it . Cover with a cloth and let the dough rise.
- After around 30 mins, when the dough has doubled in size, beat the air out of the dough. Knead again and portion it into 4 equal parts
- Roll the four parts into four round balls.
- Cover with muslin cloth and leave for 20 mins for the dough to rise again.
- Meanwhile preheat the oven to 180 ° for 20 mins
- Place the buns in a tin and bake for 15 to 20 mins. (You can add sesame seeds to the top of the buns if you want before baking)
- Remove from oven and brush some butter on the top of the buns. They are ready to eat now 😀😀