Leftover apples and the first thing that came to my mind was apple tarts. I’ve tried apple tart earlier and P and I both loved it. We buy apples for Baby A but he gets bored with them pretty soon.Which also means many get left over every time.
I came across this tart recipe on the internet and thought I would give it a try.
Ingredients for 5 tarts:
- Half an apple
- 3 tspoons sugar
- 3 tspoons honey
- 1.5 cups self raising flour
- 50 gms butter
- Few spoons of water
- Thinly slice the apple
- Cook in a pan with sugar, honey and 3 tspoons of water
- Cook for 5 mins till the apple slices become soft
- Now mix the self raising flour, butter and a little water. Knead to get a soft dough.
- Roll out and flatten the dough like a roti
- Cut into thin strips
- Line 5-6 apple slices on each strip and roll carefully to look like a rose
- Bake in convection oven at 180° for 20 mins