250 gms clams
3 tablespoon grated coconut
1/2 tspoon turmeric powder
1 tspoon chilli powder
1/2 tspoon jeera
3-4 shallots (small onions)
chopped coriander for garnishing
1 onion chopped
1 tspoon Mustard
1 sprig curry leaves
Salt as per taste
- Wash the clams to remove any mud or grit
- Boil water with a tspoon of salt. Drop the clams into the boiling water.
- After 4-5 minutes, the clams will open up. Remove the ones that have opened up. If any of them are still closed, leave them for another 4-5 minutes till they open up.
- Strain all the clams from the water.
- Clean them again under running water to remove any little grit that is left behind.
- The flesh will usually be stuck to one of the two shells. Separate the shells and throw away the empty ones.
- Grind the coconut with turmeric, chilli powder, jeera and shallots. (without any water)
- Heat oil in a pan. Add the mustard. Once it splutters, add the curry leaves and chopped onions and salt.
- Add the clams along with the grated coconut mixture. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes. Garnish with coriander and Serve hot! 🙂