1/2 kg chicken liver
1 cup sliced onions
1 cup diced tomato
3 green chillies finely chopped
1 tpsn finely chopped ginger
1 tspn finely chopped garlic
1/2 tbspoon crushed peppercorns
1 tspn turmeric powder
2 tsps chilli powder
2 tsps garam masala powder
1 tspn coriander powder
1 sprig curry leaves
1 tspoon mustard seeds
Salt as per taste
2 tbspns oil
I generally cook the liver separately and then add it to the masala. But the liver pices can be cooked along with the masala by adding some water to the same.The procedure i am giving here is where i cook them separately.
- Cut the liver into medium or small pieces. Wash thoroughly with water. Add 1/2 tspoon turmeric to water and soak the liver pieces in it for 5-10 minutes. Wash again thoroughly.
- Add liver pieces along with water to a pan and cook on medium flame for 10 minutes. The liver pieces should not be too mushy or too hard at the end of this cook. Drain and keep aside.
- In another pan, heat oil, add mustard, curry leaves, chopped chillies, diced ginger and garlic. Saute for 3-4 minutes. Add the onion . Saute and cook till onion turns translucent. Then add tomatoes and saute till it is well cooked. Add the crushed peppercorns.
- Add the remaining turmeric powder, chilli powder, garam masla powder, coriander powder, salt. Stir well. Cook until the masala starts separating from the oil.
- Now add the liver pieces to this masala. Stir and mix well. Cook for 5-6 minutes.
- Serve hot 🙂