This is an extremely simple recipe. Takes less than 10 minutes to prepare. Can be eaten as a snack or appetiser.
Sweet corn : 1 cup
Oil : 1 tablespoon
Mustard : 1/2 teaspoon
Urad dal : 1/2 teaspoon
Dried red chilli : 2-3
Curry leaves : 1/2 a sprig
Grated coconut : 2 tablespoons
- I use frozen corn. Hence, i soak it in water for about 2-3 minutes and then use it.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds to it. When the mustard splutters, add urad dal, red chilli and curry leaves to it. Fry till the urad dal turns golden brown.
- Optional : You can even add chopped green chillies to it.
- Now add the corn and mix well. Some people add salt at this point. It is optional. I prefer not to add salt to corn.
- Once the corn has warmed up, add the grated coconut and mix by stirring well. Serve hot!