Cheera (Amaranth) comes in different varieties. Red cheera is is healthy, tasty and makes a good side dish for rice.
- A bunch of Red Cheera – cleaned, chopped to fill approx 2 cups
- Drumsticks : 1
- Raw mango : 1
- Jackfruit seeds : 10 – cleaned, peeled and cut
- Coconut : 1/2 a coconut grated
- Cumin seeds : 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder : 1/2 teaspoon
- Chilli powder : 2 teaspoons
- Shallots : 5-7
- Wash, clean and cut the red cheera finely. Add the the raw mango, cut jackfruit seeds, chopped drumstick ,1/2 a teaspoon of salt and 1 cup water. Pressure cook all these ingredients for just 1 whistle. Alternatively, you can cook them in a pan till all the ingredients get cooked.
- Now, grind the coconut along with the turmeric powder, chilli powder and cumin seeds for 20 seconds and mix it well with the cooked vegetables. Add more salt if needed after tasting.
- Serve hot!