Sabudana can be used to make a variety of dishes like kheer, khichdi, vada and even upma. Please read on for my version of the sabudana vada.
Sabudana : 1.5 cups
Potato : around 3 medium sized ones boiled and mashed
Cumin : 1 tbspoon
Green chillies : 3 sliced into small pieces
Ginger : small bit sliced into small pieces
Coriander leave : 2 sprigs chopped finely
Lemon juice : 1 tbspoon
Salt as per taste
- Soak the sabudana, in enough water to cover it, for about 6-7 hours. I soaked it overnight. Drain off excess water. Press the sabudana between your fingers. It should feel firm but should disintegrate when you press it.
- Mix together sabudana, mashed potatoes, green chillies, coriander leaves, cumin ,lemon juice and salt.
- Shape the mixture into small palm sized patties.
- Heat oil in a pan. Put the patties in 2 to 3 at a time and fry well on all sides till they turn golden brown.
- Place on tissues to absorb the extra oil . These patties absorb a lot of oil!.
- Now serve hot with chutney or sauce 🙂