A favourite! This dish alone can turn an ordinary meal into an extravagant one. There are many ways to fry fish. This is one of the ways. So here goes.
- 1/2 kg Katla
- 1 tablespoon turmeric powder
- 2 tablespoons red chilli powder
- 1 tablespoon pepper powder
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon ginger-garlic paste
- 1 tablespoon rice powder (optional)
- 2 sprigs curry leaves
- Mix all the above ingredients with a little water. The paste should not be too runny.
- Coat the fish pieces with the chilli paste. Marinate for 30-45 mins
- Add oil and curry leaves in a frying pan. Place the fish pieces one by one and shallow fry them.
- Shallow fry the pieces. Keep turning the pieces to cook on both sides evenly.
Other varieties of fish that i have tried frying in the same way :