Spanish Omelette is also known as Spanish Tortilla. (different from Mexican tortillas!)
Basic difference from usual omelettes is that we use potatoes here. Can be baked or cooked in a skillet.
Ingredients : (Serves 2)
1/2 cup chopped onions
1/2 cup chopped tomatoes (remove the pulp)
1/2 cup chopped capsicum (bell peppers)
1 cup boiled, peeled, chopped potato
- Saute the cut vegetables in oil for 45 minutes. Remove from flame
- Break the eggs into the veggies. Add salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Pour the mixture into a pan which is oiled well.
- Close the pan and cook for 5 mins.
- Open the lid , check with a knife or toothpick if the middle is cooked and then remove from the flame.
- Cut into pieces and serve hot