Very simple. Delicious. I make poha as breakfast on days when i make and pack elaborate lunch for hubby and myself. The crunch of peanuts and the crisp potatoes complement the softness of the beaten rice beautifully.
Ingredients : (Serves 2)
Poha : 250 gms
Potato : 1 large
Onion : 1 large
Peanuts : 1 tablespoon
Turmeric pwdr : 1/2 teaspoon
Urad dal : 1 teaspoon
Chana dal : 1 teaspoon
Green chillies : 2
Coriander chopped : 1 tablespoon
Salt : as per taste
- Peel and cut potatoes into small cubes. Cook in boiling water for 5-8 minutes. Drain and shallow fry in a pan with just 1 teaspoon of oil. Once the pieces become crisp and golden brown turn off the flame.
- In a pan, add 1 tablespoon oil and add chopped onions, chopped green chillies and cook till onion turns translucent.
- Now add the cooked potato pieces, mix well
- Soak the poha in water for exactly 1 minute. Drain water . Press the poha the drain out the water completely. Add it to the pan, mix well.
- Now garnish with fried urad dal, fried chana dal and fried peanuts. Last but not the least, add the chopped coriander before serving.