Had some extra bananas lying around and was wondering how to make good use of them. Been long since i baked and thought its the perfect time to do it. This a very very simple recipe which does not need any fancy ingredients .
Ingredients : (Makes 5 muffins)
- 1 cup maida (All purpose flour)
- 1/2 cup ground sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence (Optional)
- 2 ripe bananas
- choco chips
- Preheat oven at 180 degrees.
- First mix the dry ingredients (maida, sugar, baking powder) together in a bowl. This needs to be done so that the baking powder mixes uniformly in the dough. I know a lot of ppeople who use baking soda alng with the baking powder. I did not add baking soda and yet the muffins turned out just fine.
- Now peel and mash the bananas. Add the vanilla essence to it. This is optional . You can also substitute vanilla with any other flavor if your choice. Add butter to the mashed banans. Mix well. You can blend these 3 ingredients in a mixer/blender for just 10 seconds so that it mixes well. Do not blend too much.
- Now mix the dry and wet ingredients in the bowl. Mix well with a spoon or ladle.
- Arrange cupcake liners onto the cupcake moulds and pour the dough into the cups. Make sure 3/4th of each cup is filled with the dough.
- Place the moulds in the oven and cook on convection mode for 30 minutes. Please note, the time may vary, hence check after ever 8-10 minutes whether the muffin is cooked. This can be done by poking a toothpick through the muffin.
Ready to be baked :
Out of the oven :
Moist and yummy :