Ingredients : (Serves 2)
Tapioca : 500 gms
Grated coconut : 1 cup
Dried red chillies : 3-4
Curry leaves : 2-3 sprigs
Mustard : 1 teaspoon
Salt : 2 teaspoons
Oill : 2 tablespoons
- Peel and cut the tapioca into 1 inch cubes (or slightly smaller).
- Boil water in a pan, add salt to it. Now add the cut and cleaned tapioca pieces into it.
- Let the water boil and allow the tapioca to cook in the water.
- Different varieties of tapioca have different cooking times.
- Use a fork to check if the tapioca is well cooked. Once it is cooked, turn off the gas, drain thw water and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add the mustard, curry leaves and red chillies to it.
- When the mustard splutters, add the cooked tapioca into it and stir well.
- Now add the grated coconut to this and stir well. Mix all the contents well and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Serve hot with fish curry or chilli chutney.