Prawns again! 🙂 Prawn is my favorite seafood and i enjoy trying out new recipes with the same. This recipe is very basic and can be made in a jiffy to spice up an otherwise regular meal.
Ingredients : (Serves 2)
200 grams small prawns
1 Onion chopped
1 Tomato chopped
2 dry red chillies chopped
1 small piece of ginger chopped
1/2 teaspoon Red chilly powder
1 teaspoon coriander powder
1 teaspoon garam masala powder
Salt according to taste
1 tablespoon oil
1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
2 sprigs of curry leaves and coriander leaves
- Marinate the prawns in turmeric powder, chilli powder and lime juice. Keep aside for atleast 15 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a skillet. Add mustard seeds and wait till they splutter
- Add the chopped ginger, dry red chillies, curry leaves and cook for 2 minutes
- Now add the onion and saute till it turns translucent
- Add the salt, red chilli owder, coriander powder, garam masala powder and saute till the masala is cooked well and the oil starts separating from it
- Next, add the prawns to this along with half a cup of water and cover the skillet with a lid
- Cook for 10 minutes. The prawns turn opaque which shows that they have been cooked right through.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.