This is again my mother’s recipe. Very simple like most of my other recipes. Kondattams can be made out of several other vegetables, this post is specifically about the kovakka (ivy gourd) kondattam.
200 gms kovakka or ivy gourd
5-6 green chillies
Oil to fry
- Slice the kovakka (ivy gourd) into thin round circles.
- Slit the green chillies
- Mix the kovakka sices and green chillies along with salt in a container.
- Dry this mixture in the sun.
- Once it is completely dry and brittle, store in a container for regular use.
- This dried kondattam can be fried and used as a side dish with rice.