Ingredients : (Serves 2)
1 Onion chopped into medium sized pieces
1 sprig of Curry Leaves
1 teaspoon Mustard
1 teaspoon coriander powder
1 teaspoon red chilli powder
1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
1 tablespoon oil
Salt according to taste
- Cut and boil the potatoes and beetroots separately in a pressure cooker. Ensure that they do not get mashed and also see to it that they are not too firm. I cook them for 2 whistles each in the cooker.
- Heat oil in a skillet and throw in the mustard and coriander leaves.
- When the mustard splutters, add the chopped onions.
- When the onion turns translucent, add the masala powders (turmeric, chilli powder, coriander powder). Also add salt. Cook till the raw small of the masala is lost.
- Now add the cooked potato and beetroot. Cook for 2-3 minutes and turn off the gas.